Tuesday, April 23, 2013

First Day in as Temple Workers

First day of working at the temple went okay. The first missionary from Guatemala came through a session and was talking to me. She joined the church in 1949, and went on a mission to El Salvador... She was 17! She said no one ever asked how old she was. She was married in the Salt Lake City Temple and comes every week to the Guatemala City Temple. She looks pretty young, but must be older. I trained with a lady from Peru who married an American. They are here on a mission and he ran a print shop in Canada! She is bilingual, so that helped, and she's very kind. They asked us to be patrons and a witness couple in a Spanish session. Dad used the translation earphones, but I wanted to try to understand, and I did okay. Everyone does every job. I folded clothes when I wasn't busy. We got home at 9:30pm after starting at 3:00pm. Way better hours than a teacher! There's a school with the convent, and I love to watch the kids coming to school in their little uniforms from my window in the morning.

P.S. I put bean soup in the crock pot, so we had a dinner to come home to.

No comments:

Post a Comment