Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday's Stories

I had a tiny miracle happen today... I have been praying that I would find Jordan Morris, a former student, before he left the CCM. Today, on the spur of the moment, we walked over there to eat lunch, and while we were there Jordan's zone came for lunch! I got to talk to him for about 15 minutes... So awesome! He said he heard from Julie and his mom that we were here, but he said he was blown away that we found him! He gets transferred out Tuesday! There are 175 missionaries here now... What are the chances?! I know!!!!

_____________________________________________________________

I met a lady in the temple today that I want to tell you about. Her name is Rosario. She used to live in our apartments, but got released from her temple mission a few weeks ago. She still comes one day a week, Thursdays, to volunteer as a worker. She gets up early and has a three hour bus ride to get here. She works a day in the temple, stays in patron housing overnight, then rides the bus again, three hours home. She lives with her daughter and three grandchildren. During the week, she gets up at 4:15am so she can walk her granddaughter to seminary... She is afraid for her to walk alone. She's tiny and must be in her 70's! That kind of sacrifice is common here... These people have such amazing faith and faithfulness!

_____________________________________________________________

Dad heading to the gym with me.



To answer the burning question, did Mom find a place to run in Guatemala? Yes. She. Did! She even has the sweat to prove it. Awesome! (Both of them are wearing some pretty awesome shirts, I might add ;)).

No comments:

Post a Comment