Monday, September 29, 2014

ONE DAY LEFT

One Day Left: 1 Last Summary of the Mission

Dad: It was challenging and hard because of the language, but that turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We were looking for ways to serve outside the temple... Humanitarian, anything! I didn't learn much Spanish, but was able to do all the ordinances in Spanish, and pray in Spanish in the temple. I read Mosiah 4:16-26 and tried to follow that counsel about caring for the beggars and the poor. We prayed for someone to help and every day, someone was put in our pah. We also tried to help the people in the temple as well. We didn't buy many souvenirs, but tried to use what we had to help someone else. There were some hard times, but looking back, I am glad I was able to serve here and loved all of the people we met.



Mom: I have always known that Heavenly Father knows our heart, but that was really reinforced here on our mission. I felt so lost the first two months... Trying to understand anything I could in Spanish and missing my family so much! In June, the bishop extended a call to work in the Young Women's and I felt a definite sense of belonging! We have a wonderful group of Young Women. I taught on Sundays and did activities on Wednesday nights and that has been a blessing to me here. I taught them how to tie a quilt and we made one of them for a lady in the ward who was having a baby. After that, I made several quilts and gave them away. We did some for the maternity hospital and the orphans here. I am not a good at memorizing, but was able to learn all the ordinances pretty quickly in Spanish, with the help of my Heavenly Father... And yes, I do understand what I am saying! I have had many sweet experiences in the temple, and with the people out on the street. I know that angels have been nearby in many situations. I have felt the prayers of family and friends, and I am so grateful for all the people I have met here. They will remain in our hearts forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment